Thursday, June 16, 2011

pink spectacles and pikachu

I have decided that giving my number to my registrar/resident was not such a good idea after all. I had to do it because my consultant is very keen on listening to me present. Consequently this week I have been called numerous times to ask if I'm "around the hospital", once when I was in fact at home, and the other time JUST as I was trying to leave the hospital. Given thursdays are my only opportunity for a half day, I think working from 8-3pm ought to count as a reasonable amount of hours. But no.

So even though I have completed all of my assessments, I am still finding myself at hospital from 8-5pm every day. But I am relieved/relaxed enough to amuse myself, such as when i saw this (excuse my dodgy phone camera and attempt at maintaining confidentiality):

{a pikachu-themed stethoscope!!! i want!}

My team was bent over in concentration over a medication chart, and I had long given up on trying to guess at their thoughts. That was when I spotted the stethoscope, remembered that my phone has a built in camera (in all its 2 megapixel glory), and then had to embarrassedly look away when my phone made an extremely loud capturing noise.

The day that I snuck out of clinic, I went to Broadway to pick out some new spectacles. They are pink (!), and very nerdy looking. My childhood self would have been ecstatic. When I went home to tell my brother about my new purchase, he said "hmm they look a little bit geeky, but they're nice!"
To which my response was, "HuH? I've had this pair since year 10" (I was wearing a majorly old pair of spectacles).
Mum knowingly said "he's a guy, they never notice this kind of thing." LOL. How wise, mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong