Sunday, January 22, 2012

week 1

somehow it feels as though i have hurtled head first into an angry ocean. i think i have done enough healthy whinging in person for me to be bored of this topic, so suffice it to say that i started work on a busy rotation, amongst more experienced colleagues, and it is taking me a little longer than i would like to get up to speed.

i think i have been focusing too much on the negative things, so instead i bring you a positive review of my week.

monday: reg makes eye contact with me, and actually speaks to me during the round. (unfortunately i am unable to answer any of his questions. okok, back to being positive).

tuesday: i crash ernest's small group and join in their game of space alert

wednesday: i begin to feel like i am getting the hang of things... the day is less busy day in general, and at night i go to buen 151 for dinner and have awesome sushi. i cannot stop myself from yawning throughout the meal.

thursday: i suture for the first time in months, receive some fantastic news, get my first paycheck for the year, and treat my family to dinner at jojo's.

friday: i wake up refreshed with close to eight hours' sleep. (this is necessary for me to survive, because later at work i get totally trampled by my workload). i find myself extremely thankful that it's friday, and that i'm not working over the weekend. my colleagues and i celebrate the end of our first week by having a late lunch at the byrneleigh.

saturday: i go shopping! and enjoy a movie with james.

sunday: that's tomorrow, but i am looking forward to hearing joe share the Word :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong