Friday, March 30, 2012

et in arcadia ego

K and I hung out at the State Theatre Centre of Western Australia last night. We watched Arcadia, a play by Tom Stoppard that we'd studied in high school.

I loved it for a number of reasons:
- It is always nice to catch up with old friends and maintain friendships
- I love plays (and musicals, and concerts, and pretty much most live performances)
- The theatre is pretty new and I'd never been inside before
- The play was beautifully done, witty, hilarious
- It is nice to have something to break up a week of monotony

As much as I love my new rotation, I am waking up even earlier than previously because the patient turnover is so quick and the load so high that I have to remind myself
daily what each person's presenting complaint was. Which means that when I'm not at work, and not doing cool/interesting activities, I'm pretty much just stoning in front of my computer screen, or a textbook, or a novel.

Sometimes I feel more like a zombie than a human being. I'm really looking forward to having a bit of a break over the Easter holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong