Thursday, July 1, 2010

salty egg pancakes

"why didn't you steam eggs?" my mother asked, as i woefully showed her my dinner over skype. so that's what i did today. steamed eggs and veg. or, in my rendition, "salty egg pancakes and raw vegetables." take that, masterchef. tt said he felt like vomiting when i described it to him, but i actually do feel like vomiting from eating it.

as much as i enjoy laughing about my own inability to cook, it's very inconvenient. especially considering my favourite topic, "adultescence" (this article sums it up), and my own resolution that i will have moved out of home by the time i'm thirty, whether or not i'm married. given my attempts at cooking this week, i sincerely hope i will be married by then. preferably to a chef.

i think i am beginning to get used to having the entire house to myself. even so, i was very relieved to hear that mum will be catching the plane home tomorrow. hooray! kaixing will be so happy to see her. she and me both.

ps sorry there's no picture. i wish we had another camera, these 'dishes' would make priceless photos. i can tell my future kids how i suffered before i met their dad (the chef).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong