Wednesday, March 9, 2011

to tame a magpie

hello!

i'm blogging from my beloved laptop, newly fixed by dad. he left me a hilarious note:

Olivia, whoa........what type of font are you using? Anyway, message is the hard drive has been changed to a 500Gig Hitachi, same size and speed as before.
Managed to transfer everything just as before. I've only added a programme called cutepdf writer so that i could convert my roster to pdf format and send to mum.
I don't hear any click click sound from the computer even in the quietude of my room in LAX.
You owe me SGD66,
For being entertained by your computer for the last few days, I'm willing to pay SGD66.
Enjoy, dad


meanwhile, i returned from my travels to find that my mother has adopted yet another animal- this time, a magpie. it's been rather unfortunately (and unimaginatively) named maggie, which is also one of my cousins' nickname.

at first i thought it was just a bit of a joke, but this magpie (i refuse to call it 'maggie') actually waits in the same spot every day. and of course my mother feeds it 5-star mince beef, just as she feeds kaixing 5-star mince beef, and salmon to the (neighbour's) cat. our garden is turning into a zoo.

{taming of the magpie*}

we also have fish, by the way.

*okay, okay, no more lame lit references in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong