Friday, October 21, 2011

i'm great, thanks!

yesterday, a colleague of mine asked me how i was, to which i automatically replied "not too bad, thanks". he stopped what he was doing and remarked "you always say that".

how true. why settle for such a mediocre response? why not "i'm great!"

i actually am great. it's approaching the end of the year, and i've finished all of my practical assessments. there are only two written exams between me and graduation, and three weeks for me to study for them. i'm not feeling particularly stressed, and my timetable isn't exactly demanding.

according to the latest AMA magazine, i should even have good health parameters as a result of living in close proximity to a very nice park.

following exams, there will be a week of relaxation (ie re-reading the obernewtyn chronicles, including the Sending), followed by a week of formalities and festivities. and then i'll leave for my grad trip.

so...all in all, this really ought to be the time of my life. i don't have reason to feel anything less than great.

ask me again :)

{well clothed, well loved, and too well fed}

p.s. owl city, you've done it again.

2 comments:

  1. Are you at Toast by any chance?! (lol the main thing I noticed was food-related) If it is, I went there for the first time in January (under the pretext of doing research on the East Perth redevelopment for my supervisor in Melbourne), with mum. Awesome breakfast.

    It's great that you're great. Thanks for the email! Too busy to reply at the moment (final assignments all due within the next week) but will reply once I have time. :)

    It's interesting that AMA talks about parks too; I had an undergrad subject called Social Planning for Health and the availability of public green space was a frequently-mentioned element.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good spot, Hannah! This was my first visit to Toast, which was just a slight detour from applying for my Chinese Visa ;)

    For some reason, I really liked that "Dear Perth I love you" tag. Nice balance of quirky and cute? Or maybe just cute.

    Good luck with the assignments! All the best and I can't wait to hear from you (or maybe see you???) after.

    ReplyDelete

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong