Friday, July 19, 2013

a year of faith

So... this has been an interesting year of smothering my anxieties and putting my trust in God. Some observations:

1. It's nice to live life free from the worries of tomorrow. By the end of last year, the joys of working to my full capacity in a rewarding job were being increasingly replaced by a growing anxiety about my uncertain future. My holiday to Japan in early January was as much a break from my excessive stressing as it was a break from work itself. Putting my trust in God has been a constant endeavour of mine, and the journey has been simultaneously daunting and exhilarating.

2. God's plans are always better than yours. I don't mean that you'll necessarily be happier about them. Or that they'll be easy to figure out. Sometime early this year, I would have prayed to God that I simply want to be obedient to his plan for my life. The only problem is that I wasn't quite sure what that plan involved. So in order to facilitate this, I decided that I was going to be very open minded about my career and experience as many different rotations as I could.

Fast forward three months and I'm putting in an application for a job that I've previously vehemently opposed. Fast forward five months and I'm sitting in a boardroom making an idiot out of myself in front of five people who are taking turns to interview me. What's the link? Where did I go wrong? Why would there seemingly be a series of divine interventions only to culminate in a long plane flight home replaying various embarrassing scenes? I don't really know, but I'm just continuing to trust. Perhaps one day I may post more on these events and let you decide.

3.You don't have to do it alone. I'm always surprised by the way that people come into my life and play pivotal roles- whether in directing me or simply just playing a supportive role. And I wonder if I have ever let myself be used in a pivotal way in somebody else's life.

I have another interview on Monday. The human part of my brain is telling me that statistically, I didn't even deserve an interview, and that certainly there will be no job offer resulting from this. But the other part of me tells me to keep trusting in God, that somehow, in some way, this too is part of His plan. So... skirt suit, or pant suit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong