Sunday, April 6, 2014

i woke up this morning in a panic.

first i panicked about studying for exams.
then i panicked about being in my twenties and having my former relationships and friendships shift in ways beyond my control.
then finally, my thoughts changed to things that really mattered and i thought about my salvation.

all of these thoughts flitted by in rapid succession. of the three, the last thought was probably the most worthwhile.

panicking too much doesn't benefit memory retention. worrying about things beyond your control is a waste of time. but being aware of your own sinful nature is important. because until we realise how absolutely filthy we are, we don't understand the full measure of grace.

and so what started out as an alarming sunday morning has turned into a wonderful reminder to place my trust in God. it's very well expressed in this beautiful song: Cornerstone, by Hillsong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong