Saturday, December 6, 2008

the many faces of amsa

Last night, my flat mate Annalotta and I went to the Austrian Medical Students’ Association AIDS awareness party. I would have taken photos, but nobody else was doing so and I really didn’t want to draw attention to myself as a foreigner. In any case, the bar itself was nothing special, but the music was good (the songs had lyrics). Although I’m sure it must’ve changed to more clubbing-type music after we left at ~11.30pm.

To atone for my negligence, I shall share here my souvenirs of the night:


The condom packet was actually a raffle ticket. We didn’t stay long enough to see if we’d won anything, though.

Today I discovered the whole “Vienna waits for you” side of Vienna. While my apartment is rather cozy and friendly, it is really nothing at all like the first district. Anna and I went to the city centre this afternoon, where we window-shopped. There are many things that I would really love to buy, but nothing priced in Euros is very affordable.

I’m not quite sure how we ended up wandering around the Christmas markets at Rathaus, but they were lovely. The early sunset made it impossible for me to take nice photos, but the Christmas markets were well lit enough for me to attempt a happy snap:



We finished the night by watching an Advent concert at Stephensdom.

It is almost midnight now, so I shall go to bed and upload this from my (okay, Candice’s) USB tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong