Monday, January 10, 2011

first weekend in the UK

I spent the weekend visiting Cambridge and Oxford. Having walked around Cambridge already, I will still struck by how magnificent the buildings in Oxford are.

{The chapel of King's college in Cambridge. Described by Wordsworth as "this immense and glorious work of fine intelligence!"}

We also walked around Clare college, because it happened to be open to visitors that day.
{The view from Clare bridge}

In Oxford, I visited Christ Church college, where parts of the Harry Potter movies were filmed.
{The dining hall of Christ Church}

{An oblique view of Christ Church from the meadows}

In between my sightseeing, I also managed to try my hand at cooking. Mind you, I don't mean any of this English overcooked vegetables/ extremely dry roast nonsense.

{My attempt at fried rice}

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong