Friday, April 22, 2011

allied health

I feel like I ought to mention some of what happened last night, since I alluded to it in a previous post. Candice and I went to a KTV place for pre-drinks. There, I was peer-pressured into having my very first shot (vodka, in case you're wondering) by a bunch of 2nd year students. How sad. A couple of minutes later, my face and ears were so warm that I had to refuse a second round of shots in case I gave myself something like an etOH-induced version of malignant hyperpyrexia.

We made it to the club at 11pm. At this point I should mention that over the past couple of days, I've been listening to one of the pre-released mixtapes so that I would know some of the songs being played at the event. The DJ who released that tape was playing from 10-11pm, and seeing as we had not yet arrived by this time, my entire study was pointless. My sister assures me that these are songs that I ought to know, but I am sure that the next time I enter a club, there will be a whole new bunch of noisy songs to learn.

I guess it was fun. We made it home by 0330hrs.

I spent the majority of today drifting in and out of sleep. It was a very warm, typical lazy Sunday... except not a Sunday. For the past couple of years I've spent good Friday driving up North for Easter camp. And although I'm not going this year, it doesn't take away from the incredible love that Jesus demonstrated in being obedient to death by crucifixion.

Song of the day: Worthy is the Lamb
Book of the day: He chose the nails, by Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong