Monday, June 17, 2013

No. 4 Blake Street

When James and I go out to eat, I usually have some kind of craving and we just search urban spoon for somewhere suitable. If not, we either stay at home for dinner or have a standard Western meal (dinner) or dim sum (lunch).

We recently celebrated 18 months together at No. 4 Blake Street. It was my first time there and I was very impressed with the food. It was creative, fun, and delicious.

The service was impeccable, and I had a good laugh when the waiter said "you haven't eaten the [mussel] shells". When I finally set aside my disbelief and ate a shell, I was pleasantly surprised. Potato crisps coated in squid ink.

I've never had a full ten course degustation, but I impressed myself by making it halfway through the seventh (and last!) dish- this very yummy pannacotta featured in the photo.


P.S. The dress I'm wearing in the photo was made by one of my very talented high school friends! Link to her facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong