Friday, June 7, 2013

greeting to a friend

Hello old friend!

How much you've changed- we've been apart for so long that I can barely recognise you. I thought of you often, these past six months. So many times I wanted to pen some incomplete thought, as though in the process of writing it would complete itself.

You've been my constant companion, since I was nine. My avid listener. My comrade in arms- how we would play tricks against clowns like two schoolgirls.

Your peers have all evolved, for better or worse I don't know. And how many more of them there are! In all shapes and sizes and colours. But you're still you, ever faithful. You'll always be mine.

I've missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong