Friday, June 14, 2013

the lipstick index

I kind of stopped blogging after my intern year. There was a multitude of reasons... I was overseas without internet connection, then I came back and did shift work in a job so cruisy that there was nothing much to mention. The job after that was in a distant peripheral hospital so I was always either working, or driving to work. Now I'm back iin my home hospital, on a busy surgical unit in a tertiary centre, and somehow I've decided it's time to start blogging again.

This week was a rude reminded of reality. I got the whole shebang- busy job, unpaid work, lazy colleagues, chaotic after hours, rude family members, weekend ward rounds, and insomnia. Thank goodness for my nurses and certain amazing registrars! I think I was so busy/stressed at work that when I got home, I couldn't calm down enough to fall asleep. So it was a pleasant surprise to find this at my desk when I reached home today:


It stirred up a warm fuzzy feeling in me that I hadn't felt all week. And also reminded me of the theory behind the lipstick index. Whether the theory is true or not, a small luxurious gift definitely raises my spirits! Especially when coupled with a hand-written note :). Now I'm all re-energised and ready for tomorrow's ward round...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong