Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hataraki Man

Once, when I was really bored, my brother suggested that I watch this Japanese series called 'Hataraki Man'. I didn't really get very far with it, but the one part I do recall is when the protagonist, a real life office superwoman, asks her colleague 'do you ever run for the train?'. And it turns out that he doesn't, and she does, and that is why she is Hataraki Man, and he is not.

The point of this very random prologue is that I run! When I'm at McIver I run to the the train if it is waiting. And then when I reach the city, I run up the escalators, across the walkway, and down the other escalators to get to my platform. But during all of this, I've noticed that I'm the only one doing any running. Everybody else very stylishly brisk walks.

This is the second time that I've been allocated RPH against my wishes, but I have had the most fantastic week. I think I shall dub this the Hospital Preferences Phenomenon, ie every time I get the allocation I want, I don't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, and I end up loving all the attachments that I've grudgingly accepted.

The highlights of my week:
- pathology microscopy tutorials: seriously awesome
- haematology ward rounds: I went on my dream ward round today
- having a timetable, therefore feeling loved/cherished/not ignored
- meeting all of my old 'friends' at RPH! In four days I've met my 4th year Med Reg, the ex- CCU RMO and intern, my favourite consultant, various sixth years, and church friends... really, I don't know how I ever thought of RPH as bleak.
- more good company; meeting with James for lunch and clerking patients with Simon
- having friday off

1 comment:

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong