Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Release date: 2011

So it seems The Sending, the final installment in Isobelle Carmody's Obernewtyn Chronicles isn't coming out this year after all.

I'm not very disappointed, because I know and respect Isobelle's desire for perfection. It's gourmet in a world of book fast food. Plus, I waited eight years for the Stone Key (2008) to come out anyway, so another year doesn't seem so bad :P

You can read the interview here.

I love this part where Isobelle says: "...what I like doing is taking a character and making it seem comical or cowardly or silly, and then producing a paradigm shift so that we can see that all of these things can hide incredible courage, depth, and blinding beauty of spirit." So, so true.

The book was supposed to come out during my Obs&Gyn term, so now I am going to have to change plans and read this book instead. Hello, Dymocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong