Thursday, November 10, 2011

surrender

He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.” - Matthew 26:42 (NIV)

I find myself arguing with God in the morning. But Jesus never experienced this. Surely you cannot know what this feels like, I say. But as soon as the words form themselves on my lips, I know that I am wrong. For is not Christ the bridegroom, and the church, his bride?

So take me as You find me,
All my fears and failures,
Fill my life again.

I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

- Mighty to Save, Hillsong Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong