Wednesday, November 16, 2011

suffering

sometimes we are given storms. sometimes the purifying fire burns, the sculptor's chisel cuts.

the past three weeks have been incredibly difficult for me. at times i cried for the innocence i lost, that naive optimism i once had. wondering desperately if i would -could- ever feel whole and complete again. praying somehow that God would use my suffering for a bigger purpose, one that i perhaps do not yet understand.

to those of you who sat with me as i tried to 'study', who texted randomly to ask me how i was, who called and listened to me express my sorrow, who brought me gifts, who hugged me and told me you loved me, that i was not a moron, and that i worth so much... thank you :) your words meant so much to me. i cried as i read them, then reread them another two times.

In the chaos, in confusion
I know You're Sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me grace to do Your will

- None but Jesus, Hillsong

No comments:

Post a Comment

The world is littered with unfinished visions, and is not life such a vision? And is not the finishing of any thing a little death?

--Darksong